Monday, June 16, 2014

i made an impulsive purchase and bought this dress...

Impulse control. I thought I had it and then I saw one of my favourite bloggers sporting this beautiful lace number - the perfect summer dress. I fell in love instantly.

Suddenly, all of the sense in the world left my brain. I pounced on my credit card like a crazy honey badger and in mere seconds it was a done deal.


Other than my wedding dress, this is the most I've ever spent on a dress (even this gorgeous maxi was on sale when I bought it). In theory, I believe you should opt for fewer high-quality items than many inferior goods. I just haven’t been very good about putting that into practice. I’m good at mixing high and low in my home, but not as much in my closet. I see a purse that’s $350 and shy away, but I’ll end up with five $70 purses without thinking twice (most of which I either tire of after a while). Being in my late thirties, you'd think I'd have this figured out by now.

Have you ever made an impulsive purchase? And what's the most you've ever spent on a piece of clothing? I can't be the only one, can I?

I'm hoping this dress fits well and is worth the splurge. Will keep you posted!

Have a great week!

Pictures via.

10 comments:

  1. Sometimes animal instinct takes over and we just can't control ourselves ;) That dress is stunning! I'm sure it'll prove to be worth the splurge Xo, D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! That dang animal instinct (;

      I finally got the dress Diana and you're right, it was so worth the splurge.

      Delete
  2. I think it was a good splurge - I can't wait for updates!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good splurge, Dr. C! Can't wait to post pictures (just need a little more colour on my pasty legs first).

      Delete
  3. It's sold out now so I think you did good by pouncing right away!

    Impulse buy... nothing recent comes to mind. Last one was probably my Powerbook. I went in to get a video editing program and came out with a brand new computer. Ha. (It did have the software program on it already for free so I think I saved money.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Powerbook is such a good purchase, Liana! Especially when it comes with the software program you initially went into the store to purchase. I think we'd have fun shopping together (:

      P.S. That dress sold out lickety-split. Glad I pounced!

      Delete
  4. That's a gorgeous dress, every once in a while we need to splurge. Not always, but once in a while. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I agree Rachel! You definitely appreciate the splurge more when it's a rare & special occurrence.

      Delete
  5. That dress...stunning. Thanks for the reminder, I had started out post pregnancy picking up high quality goods but have fallen off the wagon recently. This dress though, I'd call it an instinct purchase, not an impulse :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the way you think, Lauren! I'm using that description -- instinct purchase -- from now on. Thanks, lady!

      Delete

Yes, please! Comments make me happy, but please keep them kind. That means you anonymous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...